Create an Azure account
If you’re new to Microsoft’s Azure, you can sign up for a Azure free account on the Azure website and start exploring at zero cost. Once you’re ready to explore further, you will have the options to upgrade and start paying for the Azure services that you use above the free credits.
What is the Azure free account?
A free Azure account includes free access to the popular Azure cloud products for 1 year, $200 credits to spend for the first month, and access to more than 25 Azure products for free forever. This is a wonderful way for new users to get started and explore the world of Azure.
To sign up for a free Azure account, you will need a phone number, a valid credit card, and GitHub or Microsoft account. Credit Card info is used for identity verification purposes, which means you won’t be charged until you plan to upgrade.
How to sign up for a Azure free Account?
- Open a web browser, and go to : https://azure.microsoft.com/free
- Learn about the benefits and free services available by scrolling through the page.
- Click on Start Free
- Sign up or sign in through your GitHub or Microsoft account.
- On the About you section, select your country or region. Enter your first name and last name, e-mail address, and your phone number. Depending on which country you live in, you might see some additional fields, such as VAT number, etc. Click Next to continue.
- Now, on the Identity Verification by phone page, select your correct country code, and type your phone number to receive the verification code.
- You have the options for a text message or a callback to receive the verification code. Click on the relevant option, type the verification code that you received in the Verification code box and then click on Verify Code.
- Now, you need to enter your valid credit card details. Enter the credit card information and then click on Next.
- Finally, review the agreement and privacy statements and then click on Sign up.
Great Job! You have successfully created your free Azure account. You will now be greeted with Azure portal home page.
With Microsoft Azure, you only pay for the services that you use. You will receive monthly invoice with payment instructions.
An Azure subscription is created by default, when you sign up. An Azure subscription holds all the information about your resources such as Virtual Machines, data bases, and more.
Azure upgrade options
With flexible upgrade options, you can choose the option which suits you the best. Following are the three ways through you can buy Azure:
- Azure.com -> Acess Azure.com directly to buy Azure services, as it is the fastest and easiest method for firms get started with Azure.
- Through a Microsoft representative -> Azure can be bought through a Microsoft representative. This is meant for big organizations or for the existing customers.
- Through a Microsoft partner -> Azure can be bought through any Microsoft partners. The partner will give you access to Azure, manage your billings, and will provide support.
Azure Free Account Support Resources
Users have access to 24/7 online documentations, community support, and demo videos on Azure YouTube channel.
As an Azure customer, the following free Azure account support resources are available:
- Billing and subscriptions management
- Personalized recommendations by Azure Advisor on how to optimize your cost and performance
- Insights given by Azure Service Health on issues related to your Azure Resources
- A guided experience provided by the Azure Quickstart Centre, available to anyone through the Azure portal who wants to improve their knowledge of Azure
In this article, we have covered several important aspects about the Free Azure Account.
- You have learned about the free Azure account and upgrading options
- You can now create a free Azure account and learned how to sign in to your account
Still have questions, let us know in the comments below, and we will try our best to answer all your doubts regarding the free Azure account.
Also Read: AWS vs Google Cloud Platform in 2021